The magnificent design of the largest and most famous fountain in Rome located on Piazza di Trevi was completed by Nicola Salvi in 1762. At the center of the fountain is Neptune with two tritons by his sides. The tritons ride sea-horses, one of which is still, and the other is restive, symbolizing stiles and storms. The fountain is located at the spot where an ancient aqueduct Aqua Virgo used to end. The aqueduct was built by a stepson of the emperor Augustus, Agrippa, in 19th century BC to ensure uninterrupted water supply to new Roman baths. The fountain was named after a young girl Trivia who supposedly showed thirsty Roman soldiers a source of pure water. The girl's portrait can be seen on one of the reliefs on the second tier of the fountain.