Saint Vitus cathedral was founded in 1344 by John of Luxembourg and his sons Charles IV and John Henry (Jan JindЕ™ich) in place of an ancient rotunda of 929, rebuilt in 1060-96 and turned into a three-nave basilica afterwards. The first architect of the Gothic cathedral was Matthias of Arras, and after him came Peter Parler and his sons. The cathedral is 124 meters long and 33 meters tall, when measured by the height of the dome. The main tower is 96.5 meters tall, and the west towers are 82 meters tall. The cathedral had witnessed coronations of many Czech kings, and many royal regalia are still kept there. The Golden Gate mosaic on the south facade, finished with Bohemian glass, had been completed by venetian craftsmen. The Neo-Gothic west facade was erected in 1892. The beautiful Rose Window with a 10.4-meters diameter was decorated with scenes from Creation in 1921.